December 2017 JD Supra

When opening a new business, electing a business structure is an important decision.  The business structure elected can affect how much will be paid in entity income taxes, record-keeping requirements,  how much personal  tax liability might be incurred, if any, and which Tax Forms are due.  The most common types of business structures are: